No. 107 Straight Up Matcha
No. 107 Straight Up Matcha
Versatile and well rounded culinary grade matcha green tea from Nishio, Japan. This blend is very rich and dark in the cup and has a strong vegetal taste. Enjoy pure health & energy without the crash.
The Healthy Benefits of Matcha Tea
- Japanese Matcha Green Tea is known to add vitality and clarity of mind to support you're healthy lifestyle
- Matcha is known today as the healthiest, rarest and most premium of all the tea varieties of Japan. Created over 800 years ago by Buddhist monks as a meditational drink. Matcha is grown in Nishio, Japan under excellent conditions and is plucked by hand. Every leaf is produced carefully and tested.
- Matcha is extremely rich in 3 very important nutrients that are of high interest for healthier lifestyle living: Insoluble Fibers, Antioxidants, and L-Theanines and has a high concentration of green tea antioxidants, amino acids, vitamins, minerals and fiber
- Matcha from the Uji city in Kyoto Perfecture in Japan which
is considered one of the top producing areas in the world
- We only use Matcha from the worlds leading Matcha producer
- 70 gm / 2 5 oz = 45 servings
How to make you're Straight Up Matcha Tea
How to Make a Perfect Bowl of Matcha
Making Matcha the traditional way is an Art and is simple once you learn the technique of how to make it .
Here is the basic way to prepare a bowl of Matcha. You may need a couple tries in the beginning to make a nice creamy froth but once you get the hang of it, the satisfaction of attaining perfection will bring you joy as you relax to enjoy a nice healthy and wholesome bowl of Matcha made just by you.
1. Before adding hot water to Matcha
2. Place about two bamboo tea scoops (1/2 to 1 tsp.) of Matcha powder in the bowl.
3. Add 2 to 3 oz. of pre-boiling water to the bowl (~180F / ~80C). Boiling water may not be the most suitable for Matcha because it does not bring out the best flavor and the natural mild sweetness of the tea.
4. Using the bamboo whisk: whisk briskly with the motion of making the letter "M" or "W." Simply an up and down motion will do as well. The whisking brings oxygen into the tea to create a nice frothy layer on the surface with many air bubbles. (Optional) To remove the air bubbles, simply lift the whisk slightly and lightly stroke the surface of the froth a few times until air bubbles have completely disappeared. Using soft water is best for Matcha green tea and any other Japanese green teas.
5. Depending on personal preference, add more water to adjust for desired taste.
Remember to add more water only AFTER whisking.
Three Key Points
1. Amount of Matcha ( 1/2 to 1 tsp or two scoops if using a bamboo scoop)
2. Amount of water (starting with 2~3oz. water)
3. Temperature of water (not boiling, approx. 180F/80C)
How to Maintain Freshness of Matcha
1. Keep in the refrigerator or freezer
2. Keep away from any moisture and direct contact to light
3. Keep away from items with strong odor